Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Aircon

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
My aircon lost cold and I am reliably informed by more than one auto lec that the clutch on the compressor is rs, and system is holding pressure.
Can you still get clutches for these compressors and are they worth replacing considering the system is holding pressure.
3 Quotes for new compressor, tx valve, and dryer, including regas are $1195, $1295 and $1500.

D

Don123

For these prices?? I wouldn't do it, especially that you say "my aircon lost cold", meaning it's still cooling but not as much as you would want. How much is your car worth? It's not worth the expense.
My aircon lost cold and I am reliably informed by more than one auto lec that the clutch on the compressor is rs, and system is holding pressure.
Can you still get clutches for these compressors and are they worth replacing considering the system is holding pressure.
3 Quotes for new compressor, tx valve, and dryer, including regas are $1195, $1295 and $1500.

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
If it's still blowing air, just not cold air, it should just need a regas. If it's not blowing at all then it's probably not worth it for that price. Seems a bit much. Mine loses vacuum at high revs occasionally, I don't think its worth fixing. Rather put that money towards doing the diff.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
If it's still blowing air, just not cold air, it should just need a regas. If it's not blowing at all then it's probably not worth it for that price. Seems a bit much. Mine loses vacuum at high revs occasionally, I don't think its worth fixing. Rather put that money towards doing the diff.

Two auto lecs tested it and plenty of gas pressure, just the clutch not pulling in.
All electrics are good according the lecs, heater still working and fan running as it should, so I will phone the lowest quote today to get new compressor, tx, and dryer..
Can't complain, almost 9 years old car with 160000 k's, and I have been promising it a gas check for over a year even though it was cold as, so saved money not getting that done.
Used to have a good bloke up here, reliable and not expensive, but the poor bugger got very ill and had to give it away.
He would have done this for around $900, so gotta go with a new bloke this time, and after speaking with him he does know his stuff and comes recommended from my mechanic, so hopefully all will be good.
Thanks again for both replies.