Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where is temp in menu

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
where is the temp option in the menu I cant seem to find I have a vt that has it hold menu down button start car and there it is cant find it on the vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
While we're on the subject of the temperature in the menu what is the normal operational temperature of the VZ Commodore

As my temperature gauge in the dash is saying normal temperature but when I go into the menu it's running at like 98°-99°

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I don't think Holden could give an 'operating temperature' for any of their products. There are too many variables. For example how fast you are travelling, how much weight the vehicle is carrying/towing, the condition of the cooling system and even the proportion of Glycol in the coolant. For example: 55% Glycol at o psi pressure the coolant will boil at 108.5 degrees Celsius. With 55% Glycol at 26.4 psi it will not boil until 142.5 degrees Celsius. With a cooling system what you/they are trying to achieve is the coolant NOT boiling. If it does then the system is incapable of continuing to cool. So what is the optimum operating temperature - NOT BOILING. Hope that helps you to get a slightly clearer picture. The most important aspect in maintaining a healthy cooling system, is use the correct coolant as recommended by Holden, make sure you have the system flushed at least every 4 - 5 years and maintain quality hoses and serpentine belt. Good luck.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
where is the temp option in the menu I cant seem to find I have a vt that has it hold menu down button start car and there it is cant find it on the vz

For a VZ
Press the Mode and Set buttons at the same time and turn the ignition on.
The LCD screen flashes from memory and then it displays a serial number.
Then just press the Mode button and the screen will continue to display new info with every press of the button.
Turn the ignition off to exit the dash menu

Last edited:

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
While we're on the subject of the temperature in the menu what is the normal operational temperature of the VZ Commodore

As my temperature gauge in the dash is saying normal temperature but when I go into the menu it's running at like 98°-99°

I got the temp option working mine is 93 degs that's with new radiator and new coolant

timmy201

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I tried this menu yesterday on the way home. Just be warned that when you get to the end of the menu ALL the dash warning lights come on at the same time, and the speedo and tacho will change and it will make a loud beep. Not something you want to learn when driving in traffic!