Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ stereo won't turn on

bloodninjasv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
All started after I tried to play music off a CD I burnt myself. Made whirring sounds as if it didn't like the CD, and then nothing happened when I pressed the eject button. So i turned the radio off but ever since it refuses to turn back on.

I've checked the fuses under the steering wheel and they seem fine. The time is permanently frozen on 12:00am

It's the original headunit on an SV6 - didn't really want to go out and buy a new one.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes or so. It 'may' help your systems to 're-set' themselves. Good luck.

bloodninjasv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes or so. It 'may' help your systems to 're-set' themselves. Good luck.

Tried that, no luck unfortunately.

Found out that there's a 3rd fuse behind the radio itself. Spent at least an hour trying to pull the radio out with bent coathangers but no luck. Anybody know of anywhere in Melbourne that sells the proper tools to get it out?

timmy201

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon

bloodninjasv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Figured I'd post an update:

I ordered the tools timmy201 suggested off ebay yesterday night, will take a couple days to deliver, all good there. But today I get in the car to drive to work, except this time the car won't start, but my radio works perfectly and the CD came out!

Battery's completely flat now (it needed replacing anyway) so tomorrow i'll put a new one in. I'm guessing that even though the radio was frozen it still must have been draining power somehow. Lets hope that my radio problem is all solved now and it doesn't happen with the new battery...