Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBD2 Scanner

VE10

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently got a VZ from my old man and after getting the Water Pump, Thermostat/Thermo Gasket and the Centre Bearing replaced i had a Check Powertrain fault pop up fir a day and has since disappeared.
I've read the fault can mean a number of things and without the fault code its hard to know, so i went and brought one of them bluetooth obd2 scanners off ebay but im having trouble with it it connects to the car and my phone but i get no data at all regarding the car.

Anyone have experience using one of these?

OBD2 Obdii Bluetooth CAR Diagnostic Scan Interface Scanner ELM327 B FOR Android | eBay

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
You'll need a software app for the phone.

Search for 'Torque Pro' or 'DashCommand', both are worth paying for.

VE10

Reaction score
Sorry forgot to add some details.

I have torque pro and my car is a 2004 vz exec 3.6l

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
you have to connect with blue tooth plug in scanner turn ing on wait a min or two should come up on phone put in pin 1234 should work some times takes a few mins make sure you have torque app up first

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Envyous Customs - Holden Commodore Diagnostic Software for the software and cable for a VZ v6.

Torque/Dash command will not work properly with a alloytec engine since it doesnt have the protocols to deal with it.

WE can only get away using the US apps on V8s because the ECU is the same as the corvettes/camaros so the codes are mostly the same.

Plus if the fault is in the BCM you have no chance with any phone app to find ****.

Ronnyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Torque Pro works fine with ELM327 Bluetooth on my 2004 VZ SV6. It has the same intermitent miss that is common to this engine series. Give codes no problem and real time sensor monitoring.

VE10

Reaction score
Think I may have got a faulty adapter it connects to my car but I'm getting no data at all

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Rightly or wrongly, Bitdefender flags that site as being full of malware.

Having said that, while generic software reads most stuff, this Holden-specific software does look quite unique.

Yeah, alot of the antivirus sites flag my website as bad unfortunately!.
Simply because I have downloadable software on there. Pretty much any antivirus flags any site with unknown software as bad as a "precaution". Even though there are thousands of users using my diagnostic programs, they will still be flagged as bad since its not 100's of thousands or millions like applications such as Adobe ect.

If you have any questions about it, feel free to let me know :)