Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz ss ls1 hot start issue

Jamie_vzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ls1
hi guys for awhile now iv been having this problem/miss with my vz.

if i start the car from cold and go for a decent drive taking it through a full heat cycle theres no issue at all,the car runs great.
but if i do a short drive like head up to the shops etc,when i go to restart the car within 30 odd seconds it starts to run really rough, surging and will just bog down if i try to accelerate.
this only lasts 10-20 seconds then it comes fine again,if im stationary i can put it into neutral and give it a few revs and this will bring it right also.
iv ran a scanner and no faults have been logged,also had the scanner on there when its doing its miss/surging but i couldnt really see anything wrong but i dont really know what im looking for.
the car has headers and full exhaust and stock intake box opened up abit but stock apart from that running stock tune.
its been sudgested that it could be the coolant sensor?
any ideas?

thanks Jamie.

Jamie_vzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ls1
plugs are less than a year old,has new fuel filter,i havent done the leads tho but i cant really see how they would be the issue

exec57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXECUTIVE
My VZ SS 6L doesn't do exactly the same thing but when I go to start it after it is run and parked it is hard to start and stumbles when it does,then runs fine. Find it starts better if I put foot flat to the floor then back off as soon as it fires.
I have tried plugs,leads, coils,tested fuel pressure,fuel filter,maf,cleaned injectors and it has no fault codes present. I think its flooding somehow whether its not getting spark straight away or injector leaking I'm not sure. Its like something electrical is getting heat affected as it starts fine when started cold.

Jamie_vzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ls1
ok sounds about as anoying as my problem,im thinking about trying a new temp sensor im woundering if on hot start up its not reading correctly and running rich for a cold start when its hot? could be completly unrelated aswell tho.

Jamie_vzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ls1
not sure if anyone is interested but problem turned out to be a crook o2 sensor,started running really rough all the time and ended up throwing left bank o2 sensor code.
put in some new bosch sensors and it seems to be running great,no more hot start issue either.