Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SVS VZ making noie as it goes up or down lower gears also transmission Warning Msg

Philby12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Auto
Hi all,

For awhile now my VZ SVS has been making what I call a wherling whinning type of noise as it is going either up or down through it's lower gears while in drive. I also keep getting from console, warning message about transmission. My brother and his mechanic thought it may of been a wheel bearing hub, as I did a year or so ago, take a exit of a driveway too tight and slightly damaged left front wheel rim by going of edge of gutter, but rim has been changed and wheel bearing hub as been changed. Has made no difference.

Mate of my brother's has tool that resets the warning message and it reads nothing about transmission, but he drove it today and it comes from central front of car and he suspects engine mount.

Beyond me, but could that being loose cause the warning re transmission come up almost everytime I drive it?

Or is he and my brother way off here?

Thanks in advance

Phil