Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Cross 8 Crewman LS1 intermittently over fuelling

Crewman_Colin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman
I have a 2005 VZ V8 fly by wire throttle body. Highway or city driving, intermittently every week or so for about 5 minutes. The engine runs rough even at speed, the instant fuel usage meter goes from around 13lt/100 to around 30lt/100, the service vehicle soon alarm comes up. When you come back to a stop the idle is so low it often stalls, turn off the ignition and start up again, still the same and after about 5 minutes all comes good the alarm goes off and it purrs like a kitten as if nothing was ever wrong. I have not been able get the codes off it because the analyser is never around when it happens and there appear to be no stored codes. It is definitely over fuelling when it is happening, get black smoke and seriously running rough when you hammer it..
Being intermitted, I’m suspecting the ECU is getting some incorrect information from one of the sensors and the 5 minute time out is the ECU eventually working out the over fuelling and that the suspect sensor is TED and removes it from the fuel requirement calculation, reverting to the other sensors. Just thinking out loud..
Any thoughts from the brains trust
Cheers
Colin