Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Install Tow bar on VZ Commodore Sedan

stevenbaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec 1999
Hi, Just wanted to see if I can just purchase a tow bar like this and install myself on vz
I have seen posts on how to do by removing bumper etc but I wanted to make sure I don't need anything else.
Genuine Commodore 1200kg Chrome TOW BAR Tongue Ball VT VX VU VY VZ Holden NEW | eBay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161552871277?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I have reverse sensors, I assume when reversing with the trailer on they will just buzz

Note:
Will only be towing trailer with max 2 motorbikes

Last edited:

timmy201

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I bought a Hayman Reese one and installed it myself. It came with all the bolts and fitting parts, I can email you a copy of the instructions if you like? I bought the 1600kg one, one benefit is the tongue is removable when you don't use it, so you don't hit your shin on it..

1600kg - 01810RLW
Hayman Reese Towbar - COMMODORE SEDAN/WAGON VT/VX/VY/VZ (Part No: 01810RLW) - Best Price Auto

Or also 1250kg - 01935W
Hayman Reese Towbar - HOLDEN COMMODORE VX/VY/VZ SEDAN (Part No: 01935W) - Best Price Auto

You can see all the part number and weight limits if you look in here
Hayman Reese - Online Catalogue - hayman reese

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
With the reversing sensors, there is 2 different wiring looms, it plugs into factory tail light loom same as normal but has a switch so when plug is open (ie) trailer plugged in it disables the reverse sensors