Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High Fuel Comsumption

TAHAIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore LE0 Alloytech 175kW
I've just done a bunch of work to my car lately but still have high full consumption. I have replaced fuel injectors, fuel filter, spark plugs, lower inlet manifold gasket, upper inlet manifold/plenum gasket, O2 sensors (LE0 motor only has 2 precat 4 wire), thermostat and housing, front water pipe gasket, removed and resealed front timing cover, checked timing chains - good, new oil and coolant, reset ECU. It is running great and using less fuel than it was originally approx 15lt/100km now down to 13.6lt/100km but I think that is still high for this car. Consumption rate is a mix of highway and city driving.

I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to reduce it such as taking it to Holden (or preferably someone else) so they can lean it out via ECU programming - is this possible? Or is there anything else that can be done to improve economy? Any and All help is appreciated - thanks

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
Mine is between 12-15 on LPG, city and highway driving as well. A tune would improve it.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
sounds normal to me

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
sounds normal to me

I suspect you are right, would interesting to know percentage of highway use, and does the car display average speed readout (low average speed is bad for your consumption)? I'm assuming a 175 Kw is an Exec or Berlina and would be a 4 speed auto. It's good that you've got the consumption down about 10%.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Yeah, if you know your average speed, would be very useful to give it.
I'm around 12L/100 with an average speed of 38Km/h on my LE0 VE.
13.6, I suspect you're closer to 30Km/h on average but that would be more city than highway, or a very congested highway ;-)

Aircon usage will also influence fuel consumption.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Has your VZ got the 3 window dash, you can reset the L/per 100 so you can actually get the right fuel consumption figures for hwy and city driving