Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Tension pulley

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hi all,

Just wondering, is it possible to replace the Tension pulley - the whole unit? I snapped the center bolt so my quickest and easiest way is to replace the part without mucking around getting the screw out, is it easy? i noticed one of the screws it behind another pulley - water pump?

Car is a VZ sv6 sedan

Any help would be great.

Thanks Mark

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yes of course you can buy a complete new tensioner. They are about 100 bucks on ebay including a new belt.
Take Note : On the VE, and i assume same for VZ the pump you need to move to get to the bolt you are talking about has 2 holes in the pulley that your socket extension fits through to access the 2 bolts. Then its easy peasy. Google it there are threads with photos.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I did one about 18 months ago was about $60 from Repco for memory.
I don't remember it being too hard to do.

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks guys, found the 2 bolts and looks easy but i need to remove the center bolt on the tensioner to completely remove it which might be hard considering it snapped off leaving half the screw inside - hoping an easy out will do the trick :/

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The bolt through the pulley is not bolted to the engine! Is tha tthe one u mean? The new tensisoner you buy will be complete with a new pulley so just pull yours off as it is and chuck it.