Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz v6 auto crewman fuel consumption question.

royinthegreyshirt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs dunga ute
Hi everyone, I've been going through old threads about fuel consumption for my car, and it seems to be surprisingly good compared to all the reviews.
For instance, to and from work, around town, etc, I'm getting 9.4l per 100kms (measured over 2 full tanks).
Recently did a full highway tank run and was getting 7.9/8l per 100kms.
Towed a fully loaded track car (close to 2 ton officer) and the back of the crewman tray loaded(tyres, tools spare parts etc) and got 13.7l per 100kms, but was going 85 to 90km/h.
Is my car a freak? As far as I know, it's got extractors, an overly large exhaust. It's got 340xxx kms.
Thanks, Royce

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
I have had my vz for a month or two now it is a sv6 so 5 speed auto and 190 alloytec engine.
i get about 10.1ltr/100km in town and 8.9ltr/100km on the highway so yes that's good mileage

timmy201

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Record your average speed on the next couple of tanks, the higher it is the lower your consumption should be.

My wagon gets between 9-10L/100km on my run to work, and the average speed is around 65kph.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Sounds pretty OK to me.
Last week my AWD Cross6 averaged 7.3 from Ipswich to the NSW border, and then 9.4 overall for nearly 800kms to home, including road works stops on Pac H'way.

mike123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra V6
What is the problem when my sv6 is idling rough and reading 99 l per 100 kms?
Ongoing problem

Have replaced o2 sensor pre cat on left bank as plugs black on that side but worse now

mike123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra V6
Super cheap had given me a commodore sensor after checking up on Bosch website so got them to order correct part. Have installed new o2 sensor and idling fine now, fuel economy has come down from 99 to 20l per 100kms so still a bit high but maybe with some more driving it will come down
It is an adventra not a commodore

Last edited: