Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Commodore 2005 - Ômega Australiano 2005

anapaasilva

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
Hello, I'm from Brazil , excuse the bad English first of all , I have an Omega V6 2005, he uses the same system Holden Commodore VZ is the same car I believe , well, I have a problem to reset the his onboard computer , tried some things I saw on the internet about holding the two buttons , etc., but it did not work , the GM of my city does not have equipment or knowledge to help me , as is a car imported they know very little regarding then I would like to know what you recommend me to do , noting that the comfort module that car was changed , I do not know if this influences into something .
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
Are you trying to clear service warning? Reset onboard computer isn't very clear.... Can you clarify what and why you are trying to do...

anapaasilva

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
So

Are you trying to clear service warning? Reset onboard computer isn't very clear.... Can you clarify what and why you are trying to do...

Yes, I have a problem with the service warning too, but what i want to see is if reset
onboard computer could bring back some functions that according with the factory manual the car must have, but for some reason he do not have anymore, like the automatic locking of the doors for example, so i tried to hold the two buttons for 3 seconds, then turn on the key, doing that what appear is this message "maintaining any". Here where I live there's not a lot of people who could help me to find out what happens, for you have an idea the car parts I need to buy on ebay because here has for sale, only used , and cost a fortune

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Somebody help this poor person!

Aaron6.93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Calais L67
If you have the service reminder (Image below)
Service Reminder.PNG

It can be reset with the following procedure.

- With ignition turned off
- Hold down the up and down arrows on the trip computer, at the same time turn the ignition on (no need to start)
- The service reset screen will beep and appear after a few seconds
- Release the up and down buttons
- Press the set button, it will beep, the screen will tell you that the service reminder is now reset
- Turn off the ignition

The reminder should now be cleared.

To reset factory settings you need to access the Options Menu.
To access the Options Menu:
- When the vehicle is stationary, hold down the MODE button while turning the ignition from off to on.
OR
- When the vehicle has been started, the system check completed and the vehicle speed is less than 10 km/h, then the Options Menu displays for 3 seconds.
Options menu.PNG

Press Menu until you reach "Restore Factory Settings".
Restore factory setting.PNG

Press "UP"
Then press the Mode button to scroll through to the exit screen.
While scrolling through, change any other settings you want to change. You will find "Auto lock in drive" in this menu. Auto lock in drive will automatically lock the doors when you shift the transmission to drive (auto trans only) and unlock the doors when you shift the transmission to park.