Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Parking Lights

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
One of my parking lights started blinking intermittently and eventually stopped working all together.

I replaced the globe in them, still no success. So I swapped the housing around between my two headlights and have determined it's the housing that is gone. I can't find any where to purchase a new / replacement. Half the battle is identifying them with a correct name. 'Parking light housing' or ????

Here are some pictures to show you the part, I went to a wreckers and due to them all having different headlight designs to mine, none had the same housing or even similar.

rWely2b.jpg

xMb4tZD.jpg

Oa145uR.jpg

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Not trying to be a smartarse, but have you tried holden yet.....:hiding:
Although they would probably want to sell you a whole headlight.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I would say they would be the same as Berlina and Calais lights. Might make it a bit easier to find.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Not trying to be a smartarse, but have you tried holden yet.....:hiding:
Although they would probably want to sell you a whole headlight.

Would try to sell me a whole headlight. Would charge me $250+ for said headlight. No, I haven't tried Holden. And a dealership is always my very very very last resort due to multiple bad experiences in the past

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
There are no commodore specific wreckers near me. And due to its small amount of model applications the wereckers I have been too didnt have it or the right headlight

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Ebay maybe, the problem you will have is even wreckers will probably want to sell you the whole headlight as otherwise they're stuck without that one piece.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Noticed your parking light is an LED globe? You mentioned it didn't work when you replaced it.
If so, did you take it out and turn it round. Most LED globes will only work a certain way round. Turn it so the terminals on the end are the other way round.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Yea mate, tried both ways around. Tried non LED globes. No go

R

Risky

Gaiter,

Have you tried contacting The Commodore Shop in Cardiff Holden Commodore Spare Parts in Newcastle? I'm sure they'll have them. They'll even post to your address.

Wreckers tend to sell you whole headlight units but you might get lucky. Try using CRC Automotive Electronic Cleaner & see if that'll work.