Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Wagon Exc Cooling System Nightmare....

Simo338

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon S2 V6, VF S2 SSV REDLINE AUTO S
Hello, I need some assistance, advice, new ideas as to why after replacing thermostat and gasket, radiator and hoses, water pump and gasket, O-ring that seats in the groove on the rigid lower radiator pipe that seats inside the lower section of thermostat housing I still have a coolant leak from rear of motor somewhere in the thermostat housing area but unsure exactly where yet..! I used a flexible arm inspection camera but need to wash all the RED coolant from the area away...! If the thermostat housing gasket hasn't ruptured then I know of only one other possibility being the 2 o-rings that seat in the thermostat housing to take the twin heater coil pipes, now I did not replace them when I did replace the thermostat as they looked and felt fine. But if anybody knows of any other possibilities please let me know.... It's driving me crazy.... Cheers Guys.... Simon.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hello, I need some assistance, advice, new ideas as to why after replacing thermostat and gasket, radiator and hoses, water pump and gasket, O-ring that seats in the groove on the rigid lower radiator pipe that seats inside the lower section of thermostat housing I still have a coolant leak from rear of motor somewhere in the thermostat housing area but unsure exactly where yet..! I used a flexible arm inspection camera but need to wash all the RED coolant from the area away...! If the thermostat housing gasket hasn't ruptured then I know of only one other possibility being the 2 o-rings that seat in the thermostat housing to take the twin heater coil pipes, now I did not replace them when I did replace the thermostat as they looked and felt fine. But if anybody knows of any other possibilities please let me know.... It's driving me crazy.... Cheers Guys.... Simon.

Head gaskets/welshplugs ???

shanen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon MY06
Mine had a leak under the inlet manifold

munter000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
When the weak spot of the cooling system is removed pressure finds a new weak spot...keep looking.