Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cannot select holden vz on Dash Command app

hallb82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi there

I have just purchased an OBD2 ELM327 wifi and the dash command app for my iPhone. I can connect to the car no problems but i cannot see any info from it ( like the rpm or MAF, MAP or fuel consumption or anything.

When i go into "console" in the app all of these parameters come up with a warning "not scanning unsupported parameter: SAE.RPM". I was under the impression that other people have been able to use these on the vz?

What do i need to read these?

Cheers

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
Worked fine for my VZ.
Maybe a faulty OBD2 device, check if it works on another modern car (preferably non-Commodore).

hallb82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I tried it on my dads ford ranger and it worked fine first time. Just plugged it in and connected and read everything without a problem.

There must be something different about the vz then? I think my vz is late 2004 so i think that is early as far as the vz goes. Would that mean it doesn't use the same protocol/language as the 2005 maybe?

hallb82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Worked fine for my VZ.
Maybe a faulty OBD2 device, check if it works on another modern car (preferably non-Commodore).

Were you able to select holden? If not what vehicle did you select/enter in the dash command app?

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
Shouldn't make a difference. The alloytec is ODB2 compliant.
I didn't need to select anything to go between cars.

hallb82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
ok oznick cheers for your input. ill try connecting without entering any vehicle details and see how i go after work today. :beer chug:

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
ok oznick cheers for your input. ill try connecting without entering any vehicle details and see how i go after work today. :beer chug:

You should select the Pontiac G8, and optionally buy the GM specific PIDs, very useful to get the real torque value or knock retard for example.

hallb82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
You should select the Pontiac G8, and optionally buy the GM specific PIDs, very useful to get the real torque value or knock retard for example.

Awesome mate. looking forward to knocking off and having a play

Cheers

hallb82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
So I selected Pontiac G6 (there was no option for G8, which is ok because I guess the G6 would correspond to a V6) 3.5L LX9 and bam it works like a charm.

Thank you for the help guys

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
So I selected Pontiac G6 (there was no option for G8, which is ok because I guess the G6 would correspond to a V6) 3.5L LX9 and bam it works like a charm.

Thank you for the help guys

Nah, the G8 had the V6 too, it's simply because there was non G8 back in 2004. You'll have to lie about the year, then you can select the LY7 G8.