Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz alloytec modifications.

Builtvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6, vz sv6, ttr340, sherco 510i
All right long story short I got a vz v6 off a family member for CHEAP 110,000 k's on it, and only cosmetic damage (next to nothing) due to me already having to many vehicle it's not going to be a daily.
My questions are as follows,
I'm going to turbo it, I'm getting forged con rods, pistons, valve springs and aftermarket oil pump, what would be the next thing to fail due to over working?
If the engine is known to safely handle 9 psi while inter cooled what do you guys think it could handle with those goodies?

Rileymax

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 Vz Commodore
Probably fuel pump and injectors would be next? If you're spending that much on forced induction maybe an E85 setup for more gains?
Or if you're interested in supercharging instead there's a guy selling a vortech sidemount with all the parts and doohickeys to bolt on for $4000

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Probably fuel pump and injectors would be next? If you're spending that much on forced induction maybe an E85 setup for more gains?
Or if you're interested in supercharging instead there's a guy selling a vortech sidemount with all the parts and doohickeys to bolt on for $4000

+1 for E85 as that would definitely allow you to handle more boost

Builtvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6, vz sv6, ttr340, sherco 510i
Hey man whose the guy selling the vortech kit? I'm not too sure I want to trust the guy that's making turbo kits they seem way too cheap.