Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Odd issue, need help! Wiring diagram might help?

nzv8farmer

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 04 VZ
Soooo time for a curly one :boohoo:

I've had our sv6 for about 3 years now and it's given it a bit of grief from different things over the time, it had the wrong bcm in it so we had that replaced as well as an O2 sensor which seemed to fail fairly quickly but haven't fixed it (hope that hasn't created this issue). The bcm was out of a Calais and recently I've found out the ecm and pim is from that same car which makes some sense.

So for the problem, recently on a hike to the big city lights, we were about to escape the rat race when the car started to over heat, found out upon inspection that the cooling fan 30amp fusible link had blown, we topped up the coolant, bled the air out and replaced the fuse (in the hope of escaping the city and getting hope to sort it later) and got home, but the fans weren't running still and realised the a/c wasn't working either, checked all obvious fuses and couldn't find anything wrong, did some research and purchased a ELM cable off Taz, big help!! (Thanks heaps) and went through everything and couldn't understand it. Thought maybe ECM failure, otherwise not quite sure. Now I know a matched set is a lot cheaper way to diagnose, and probably should have gone that way, I thought at least with a new one they provide a decent warranty and it's unlikely to fail when living 4 hours from no where, but they could only find 1 issue by the time the day was up and we had to head back home and that was the ENG SSR 1 fuse keeps blowing. Big help there......... NOT (although I did miss this and apparently so did their head technician for an hour). So I'm back home and non the wiser....

This is where you great lot come in, does anyone have an idea of there I should be looking for a wiring issue if that is the problem or does someone have a wiring diagram? I have ordered a matched set of ecm, bcm, pim to plug in and see if it's the ecm failing but thought while I wait the 10 days for a set to arrive I'll see if I can't check other things.

In the diagnosis I'm getting codes related to fan, ac, relays, O2 and a couple other things, I'll rescan tonight and put the exact list of faults up.

Cheers James