Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how is fuel consumption worked out?

forunna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
new VZ owner question #3.
how is the l/100km actually worked out? is it for the last minute of driving or since you filled up or since last trip reset?
and what the heck use is the average kph? i cannot think of reason i would want to know that.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Most vz and later commodores come with a small little link device that actually connects to a call centre in Bangladesh and there is a little man who works there that he manually works out all that stuff based on your driving and feeds the information dirctly to the cars computer based on what he sees. Sometimes he gets annoyed if you drive too often as he has no time for a meal break or to go to the shop and purchase deodorant and soap.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
lol

It's worked out via fuel injector pulse.

forunna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Most vz and later commodores come with a small little link device that actually connects to a call centre in Bangladesh and there is a little man who works there that he manually works out all that stuff based on your driving and feeds the information dirctly to the cars computer based on what he sees. Sometimes he gets annoyed if you drive too often as he has no time for a meal break or to go to the shop and purchase deodorant and soap.

does he get dizzy when I do circlework in the paddock?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
The km/h figure puts the fuel usage in perspective. For example if I tell you I am getting 10lt/100km fuel usage in my V8 you might wonder why you are getting 16lr/100km but I might live in the bush travelling at an average speed of 80km/he and you might live in the city traveling an average of 25km/hr

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
The km/h figure puts the fuel usage in perspective. For example if I tell you I am getting 10lt/100km fuel usage in my V8 you might wonder why you are getting 16lr/100km but I might live in the bush travelling at an average speed of 80km/he and you might live in the city traveling an average of 25km/hr

Pretty well sums it up, and the computer configures it as you go to show how many litres you are using for every 100 k's in accordance with your right foot at that time.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
i think its based upon the last 10km of driving

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
i think its based upon the last 10km of driving

No.
Its based on the average of all the klms driven and total litres consumed since you last cleared the trip computer
My Senator does regular 20+L/100k around the city but if I clear the trip reading and do say a 1500klm highway trip it will read 10-10.5L/100k.
After that it might take another 1500-2000klms before the average reads anything upwards of 20.

forunna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
No.
Its based on the average of all the klms driven and total litres consumed since you last cleared the trip computer
My Senator does regular 20+L/100k around the city but if I clear the trip reading and do say a 1500klm highway trip it will read 10-10.5L/100k.
After that it might take another 1500-2000klms before the average reads anything upwards of 20.

that makes sense. thanks.