Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

warning lights

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
The VZ Calais has some nice fancy stuff in the instrument cluster but what about a plain old fashion warning light when there is a door ajar. I can not find a warning light for this. What about other models, is there a light? What about a chime that I can turn on....anything?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
there is a door open light but if the door is not closed properly the switch thinks its still closed its in a really crappy position

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
Mmnn....I'll go looking for the light again and read thru the manual one more time. Thanks

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
just double checked. there is no door open warning light. my mistake

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
yeah seems you are right. I opened my door today whilst stopped at a red light and there is no warning light on the dash. Not that it really matters, it just seems strange after all these years of car manufacturers installing a "door ajar" warning light that Holden would skimp on such a basic and standard feature. What next, delete the interior light?

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Shhhhhh don't give them ideas!!

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
well the thing i noticed was if you dont close the door properly and you have ur interior lights set on "doors open" the light will go out even though the door is still open or ajar