Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First mods.

commisme

iksayvz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ6
Gday ,ive had my VZ EXEC for 2 weeks now and am really itching to get some Breather mods done.Im not too sure on some things so here goes.First i wanna get an K'N Filter but i read that OIL can play with the sensors?Or is this just an "Interval Clean"?Also do i go 4 a Panel or Pod?Then a Hsv box,monaro cai etc?Secondly the exhaust(Catback) is 2.5 or 3inch the way 2 go?Also on 6s can you do the Straight thru pipe from the Headers back?into the cats then muffler?After all that9hoping to get it done in 1 go! Do i go get a Tune?I dont kno the diff between a Edit or Reflash etc!? Thanx 4 any help! ;)

Last edited:

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
ok first of all slow down a little:D

from what i no and have been told,
1. for intake go a monaro or hsv lower airbox (top is the same) with the second hole, as for the k&n panel filter i cant really justify the price of them for the gains but thats just my opinion.
2. ive been told that the alloytecs work best with a 2.25 or a 2.125 inch twin exhaust but same design as the gen111's exhaust, you will find a million 2.5 inch dual exhaust but there all designed for a 5.7 ltre so ive been told there too big. as for mufflers the go seems to be two straight the mufflers in the middle and the rear really depends on how loud you want it.

as i said before this is what ive been told from many people on this site and after a hell of a lot of ringing around this is what seems to be the go.

commisme

iksayvz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ6
Thanx naf33n! Yeah sori,im all new to this and from what ive seen on this forum every1z got at least these mods and i just wanna catch up!Thankx for the info.With the monaro or hsv box and the second hole,do we aÇ a pipe to it like to place under the car or behind the lights or something?Im a bit confused as to the job of the second hole?Is it connected to anything or just suckc air straight in?Plus u said the kn filter mite not be worth it,what would u reccomend?Thanx again naf!i :)

Last edited: