Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering Of VZ Commodore

L

littras

When lowering a VZ SV6 that already has Fe2 suspension in it with king spring super lows do u need to put a camber kit in it or does it already have one in it and do u need to change the front shocks to shorter ones

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
if you lower it it's best to get a wheel alignment done and as far as i know vx II+ have adjustable front rear .... otherwise you end up like mine, chops the insides out @ 5,000km's need to get that fixed soon too.... so many bills... so little money

Banga12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive
Exhaust system

ok i went to a guy to ask about a 2.5" exhaust system from the cats to put into my vz executive, but he said that it would just sound **** and just bark and scream when im looking for more of a beefy sound to it. So i was thinking what would be better, just do the 2.5" from the cats, or just take off the back muffler and replace it with 2.5" pipe from there

What would you recommend??

Thanks

milhouse

Project Beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ 5.7L
the front has enough camber movement in it to be sufficient and the rear only has a toe adjustment but if u put king spring super lows in it like i ave doen to my ssz itll b like the vt rear camber setting. it took me to do my springs 1.5hrs all 4.

milhouse

Project Beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ 5.7L
in sayin that too. once u leave manufacturers specs u need an engineers certificate to proove that the lowering doesnt affect the cars intended functiona and u r permitted to show it upon rego inspection as it is a technical defect.

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
ok i went to a guy to ask about a 2.5" exhaust system from the cats to put into my vz executive, but he said that it would just sound **** and just bark and scream when im looking for more of a beefy sound to it. So i was thinking what would be better, just do the 2.5" from the cats, or just take off the back muffler and replace it with 2.5" pipe from there

What would you recommend??

Thanks

you want the beefy sound, go buy an 8

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
When lowering a VZ SV6 that already has Fe2 suspension in it with king spring super lows do u need to put a camber kit in it or does it already have one in it and do u need to change the front shocks to shorter ones

you may need a camber correction kit for the rear so you don't blow your diff with excessive wear on "spider gears"

oh, and probably new shocks all round. you'll end up replacing them in a year when the stock ones blow anyway

DeathVZaudiO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Exec Sedan
Still got your FE2 springs man?? In fact if you do the shocks too i will take the lot off your hands, pls let me know, cheers.