Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Projector headlight bulbs

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
Has any one changed the standard bulbs in their projector headlights,and if they did what brand and type did they use ?

StevieP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SS 6L
what troy said but try get the xenon blue covered ones off ebay give a whiter light

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
what troy said but try get the xenon blue covered ones off ebay give a whiter light

Ok the original bulbs are h9 and H11 you can buy the same on ebay in xenon blue do you still need to cut these to fit?
If you do what exactly do i cut ?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
look inside where the plug goes, you will see that on the high beam bulbs (i am pretty sure they are H9s) they have a small tab that the low beams (h11s) do not have. use a hobby knife to cut the tab off and they will slide right in.

if you post a picture of the inside of the plug holes i can MSpaint exactly what to cut. i would post a pic of mine but CBFed taking them out :p

muney

On Da West Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ wagon
can someone pls confirm wether the low beams are h9 OR h11 pls

cheers

Clay-VY

Clay
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY supercharged Calais
I posted a previous thread on this subject and details brands and costs etc, you dont need to cut anything just replace the bolbs H9 and H11... Clay

muney

On Da West Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ wagon
hey guys..gonna do the calais headlight conversion..just wondering ..do the light fittings from the SVZ plug directly into the calais Headlights for both parkers and low/high beam??
what kind of bulbs do you recommend for the parkers and low beam..would like to change these over while the headlights are out..
cheers