Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time clock accuracy

Glimmerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Hi

Has anyone had problems with the clock on the 6 stacker being inaccurate.

The Dealer fix was a "software" install.

Since the Dealer has done this - it is still inaccurate?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I know that is an old thread. I have recently bought a VZ R8 with a clock that has a mind of it's own.
Also the aerial doesn't retract properly and sometimes the radio either won't come on or comes on
automatically. Has anyone else had this problem and was the cure a software one?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I know that is an old thread. I have recently bought a VZ R8 with a clock that has a mind of it's own.
Also the aerial doesn't retract properly and sometimes the radio either won't come on or comes on
automatically. Has anyone else had this problem and was the cure a software one?

The aerial can sometimes be 'fixed' by extending it fully and giving all surfaces a good clean with degreaser or Turps. A build up of grease or a lack of grease (LUBRICANT) can often result in poor or lack of performance in extending or retracting the aerial. If that fails you may need to remove the aerial unit completely, dismantle and clean mechanism. Sometimes it is necessary to replace the 'ladder' mechanism Genuine Holden Commodore Rope AND Mast Antenna Without Motor VY VZ WK WL | eBay although it is often cheaper to replace the entire aerial assembly with a new one. They aren't all that expensive vz aerial | eBay

GOOD LUCK

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Thanks Benboy