Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why not to buy a K&N filter

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'd never run a K&N filter on the road, I only use mine at the track and only when its not dusty. The first day I got it I held it up to the sun and thought, no thanks :).

Oiled foam filters from uni filter/finer filter are very very good if you want something to look after your engine

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
The results of that test aren't really surprising. You cant have the best of both worlds.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
I'd never run a K&N filter on the road, I only use mine at the track and only when its not dusty. The first day I got it I held it up to the sun and thought, no thanks :).

Oiled foam filters from uni filter/finer filter are very very good if you want something to look after your engine

What are these like price wise ?? Also do they filter as well as the paper ones ? I been using k&n for last 50,000 k's. Bit disheartening that article.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V

gonna have to agree with greeny here. I used to race go karts on dirt with a BMC filter (same cotton material as k&n) and I would find dirt in the carby afterwards. oiled foam filters such as uni are excellent for filtering hence why they use them on trail bikes ;) they are just a tad more restrictive tho

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Well, for $80 odd bux, might be worth the change over to the unifilter. Are their any issues with these things ??? How long do they last for ??? Just gotta try to find one for my car who in Melbourne would sell them ???

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
do they come in a panel filter or only pod's? these oiled cotton filter's sound good for country highway's do supercheap or autobarn sell them?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
do they come in a panel filter or only pod's? these oiled cotton filter's sound good for country highway's do supercheap or autobarn sell them?

They are foam oiled.

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
umm yeah those thing's...... (thank's mate)

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
interesting reading. Rep coming your way.