Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wet Rear Passenger Side Foot Carpet on Wagon

VZ05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2005
Hi all,

We have recently have had rain in Adelaide woo hoo! But this posed a problem for me when I pulled out my runners and socks form the drivers passenger side foot rest and noticed it was all fairly wet.

I checked for any leaking water bottles but there were none around and all the windows were fully wound up so I'm unsure where this water is coming from, there are no wet patches anywhere else just in the floor pan. I have also briefly checked the underneath the car and all looks in place.

Anyone have any ideas of how this water could be getting in?

Thanks

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
so was it the seat behind the driver or the front passengers seat? if it was the front check that the a/c drain next to the transmission underneath isnt blocked its yellow in colour i think, hose around the door and see if the is any water on or past seals

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
I had this in my drivers footwell. It was finally corrected after being in holdens workshop 4 times. It was something to do with water not draining properly out of the the bottom of the door, then over time seeping inside of the car during heavy rain.

ry_dogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i have this exact problem aswell, on the passengers side like under the glove box. only happens when it rains, driving me mad cant even see where its leaking

has anyone else had this problem & howd u fix it

cheers

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I had a similar problem with my VS. Water was dripping down the front passenger kick panel when it rained. I had no idea what was going on until I started pouring a watering can over the windscreen and thats when i noticed the dripping. Had the windscreen resealed and no more leaks... except for now the damn a/c drain being blocked :bang:

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
Also there are some rubber grommets in the floor. Make sure that they are in properly otherwise when driving through puddles water can be shot up and is wicked in by the carpet!

MZMRIS

MZMRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EQUIP
Wet carpet

I have the same problem. But mine is in the rear behind the drivers
seat i pulled up the carpet it was soakin wet and smelly can anyone please help me???

sambo2476

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz exec wagon
Are any of the wagons exp police picked up at auction.
I remember checking out several when i went to the auctions and only the police waons had the problem.
The antenna wiring that they add on goes through a hole in the roof track and when its being sold off the hole is only siliconed up. This caused the magority of them to leak because the rain pools up in the recess and seeps in

schteven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
i have police pack wagon and had a leak coming down drivers side middle piller from roof rack, got it fixed though