Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais bluetooth compatibility

mtavian

Reaction score
using a geniune Holden bluetooth kit V 1.0
and just bought a Nokia 6500 classic.
The phone is not working in the car via bluetooth
Is this cos the phone is V 2.0 technology
And if so how can I fix it
Thanx heaps

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
what do you mean doesnt work???
like the phone cant pick up the car kit... or you cant connect to it???

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive MY06
Make sure on the mobile phone, bluetooth is on and the phone is set to visible to all. Shouldn't have any problems connecting. If you still can't connect, try someone else's phone and see. Might be the unit. Good luck.:dance:

winired

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
like they said
but i think you are right v2 vs v1 holden can upgrade your kit for you. I was looking at getting the holden bluetooth and they mentioned compatibility issues between v1 and v2

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
hey... my friend had the same problem with her sony ericsson and her WL caprice bluetooth kit... her phone would actually detect the car kit but was unable to connect. She needed the bluetooth module in the car upgraded from v1 to v2, cost about $95.

Edit: On a side note, i contacted sony about their phones and they're phones are NOT backward compatible with v1.x and that is why my friend needed to upgrade her kit to v2. Maybe nokia isn't backward compatible either? Maybe you should ring them and inquire, as it may be a problem with your kit if your phone supports v1.x.

mtavian

Reaction score
Hey guys
thanx for the info
yes my phone does connect to the car kit but no calls can be made or recieved through the car kit.I believe I have to go to holden for an upgrade to the bluetooth
thanx again

peterrobo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais 190kw
An update on the VZ Bluetooth compatability issues - I have read all the postings here and was ready to go out and purchase an aftermarket kit and just buy the genuine switch, bezel and phone patch. However yesterday I decided to just check out with reputable dealer regarding the Bluetooth version number of the full VZ phone kit.

Short story (after talking to three different dealer spare parts guys, two different dealer service reps AND Holden Customer Assistance - the latter of which was absolutely useless) is this.

The Genuine VZ Bluetooth kit (part no 92176680) is now superceded by part no 92223516 and it's price is approx $310 - $315 trade. The later kit contains the Bluetooth module as used in the VE and the wiring loom etc has been changed to suit the VZ. There are, I believe two switches in the kit one black in colour (for Calais etc) and the other the grey colour or whatever to suit those equipment levels that have that trim colour. Seems like the General has finally decided to minimise the parts range by make kits generic.

My friendly Spare Parts Manager at Sundell Holden, Chatswood rang the parts supplier to confirm details for me and has advised that the newer kit (part no 92223516) has the latest Bluetooth Software available as of now. Unfortunately the kits are currently out-of-stock at present but I have put one on back order.

Will post up the results of my installation when I get the new kit.

By the way, potential buyers beware. Don't let the spare parts guys sell you the old part number - Suttons Warehouse in Sydney have 16 of them in stock and I'd guess they will be trying to get rid of them rather than send them back to the supplier to upgrade the kits to the lastest part content.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
By the way, potential buyers beware. Don't let the spare parts guys sell you the old part number - Suttons Warehouse in Sydney have 16 of them in stock and I'd guess they will be trying to get rid of them rather than send them back to the supplier to upgrade the kits to the lastest part content.

problem is they own them, theres no way of sending them back until their dead stock, which will take some time, and I mean years, for that to happen, then their written off as a loss, by which point their useless to everyone because we'll be up to redtooth by then. Unfortunately they've been caught out in this case.

We have this happen with Sat Nav discs, but our problem is Whereis technical/customer support say "yes, the latest version, Version 14 has been released in March 2008", so everyone jumps onto various forums and shouts out "dont buy version 13, get version 14, they are available" yet because the various manufacturer warehouses like BMW, Land Rover, Honda etc have say 34 of Version 13 in stock they freeze their ordering of Version 14, then we head butt with customers because they come in DEMANDING we order version 14 for them because some bloke on a forum said he can get it, yet it doesnt matter what I do, until their warehouse has got 0 they WILL NOT send me Version 14 as they physically do not have version 14 either, and it goes for any dealer, because we all have to buy from the same warehouse.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
ask your dealer about getting the firmware in the bluetooth module updated, there is a very recent bulletin about this issue & the dealer should be able to find it, the module needs to be sent to the manufacturer for the update, cost should be under $100 all up.
Rob

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
ask your dealer about getting the firmware in the bluetooth module updated, there is a very recent bulletin about this issue & the dealer should be able to find it, the module needs to be sent to the manufacturer for the update, cost should be under $100 all up.
Rob

Yes for old bluetooth version 1.x kits, it will cost about $100 to upgrade to bluetooth 2.0

Does anyone know where you can get the new bluetooth kit (the newer one as discussed above) at the trade price?