Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Exhaust + Extractors

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
hey guys was talkin to the guy from a muffler place near by about gettin a system put in my car, i said i wanted extractors high flow cat n a 2.5" system. he told me that its a waste of time and that i should just get the 2.5" system coz the extractors wont make a difference on a V6 and they only make a difference on diesel engines and V8s.

just wanted to know wot everyone else thought on this situation, and anyone who got an exhaust... then extractors seperatly, whether they noticed any difference at all.

my understanding is the extractors improve performance slightly and make wont make the car louder, but they will give it a much deeper sound?

cheers guys.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
well mate it just happens that i put recently extractors and opened up the cats, and as for "extractors wont make a difference on a V6" he is full of **** pacemaker headers should make you happy, open the throttle up give you a bit for punch from the lights and heavy acceleration top end!

YouTube - 2005 SV6 Exhaust

thats my exhaust, it also made it sound a lot tougher!!

any question ill be happy to answer, but definately id be going the full system,

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
oh and btw

headers will make it a little deeper, and a little louder, if you open the cats up or change the cats it will make it louder!!

i suggest leaving the original cats on if its an SV6 just 'open them up' ill send a pic if you dont understand what i mean by that!!

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
hey guys was talkin to the guy from a muffler place near by about gettin a system put in my car, i said i wanted extractors high flow cat n a 2.5" system. he told me that its a waste of time and that i should just get the 2.5" system coz the extractors wont make a difference on a V6 and they only make a difference on diesel engines and V8s.

just wanted to know wot everyone else thought on this situation, and anyone who got an exhaust... then extractors seperatly, whether they noticed any difference at all.

my understanding is the extractors improve performance slightly and make wont make the car louder, but they will give it a much deeper sound?

cheers guys.

He must not like money then lol :unsure:

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
oh and btw

headers will make it a little deeper, and a little louder, if you open the cats up or change the cats it will make it louder!!

i suggest leaving the original cats on if its an SV6 just 'open them up' ill send a pic if you dont understand what i mean by that!!

yeh man if you could post up a pic thatd be cool, not too sure what u mean.

He must not like money then lol :unsure:

haha exactly what i thought, why whould someone talk me out of getting a full system to just a 2.5" cat back?

schteven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
just had a staino twin 2 1/4 cat back exhaust fitted, very impreased quiet but more aggresive idle and sounds great when you put your foot down

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I bet that exhaust guy was older...

Extractors and a system make a huge difference to the alloytec. What's your budget?

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
I bet that exhaust guy was older...

Extractors and a system make a huge difference to the alloytec. What's your budget?

id like to say around $1000... but im sure ill go over haha.