Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP How to clear "SERVICE VEHICLE SOON"

jetzboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
How do i clear this off the dash screen. Its so anoying evert time i pull up at the lights it comes on and beeps its driving me crazy. HELP PLEASE

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
should be in the service book, its a combination of the up and down buttons and mode

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
search button is very handy but anyway,

hold up and down, turn ignition on, wait for confirmation, then hold set until it says its clear

Last edited:

BLACK VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
I don't think its to do with the service. Its an issue which occurs relating to emission.

Need to get it checked out from Holden or someone who can plug their laptop into the cars computer to see what the fault is.

VYClubby

Proud Clubby Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
294rwkw Oztrack Tuned 220 cam
I don't think its to do with the service. Its an issue which occurs relating to emission.

Need to get it checked out from Holden or someone who can plug their laptop into the cars computer to see what the fault is.

Yep, sounds like something is wrong. If it was just a service reminder it only comes on when you turn the car on or off. Not when you stop at the lights.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride

Yep, sounds like something is wrong. If it was just a service reminder it only comes on when you turn the car on or off. Not when you stop at the lights.

its actually a error caused by the export vehicle software being loaded onto the computers, my post is to reset it, not fix

to fix it, the ecu, bcm, instrument cluster needs to be re-flashed with updated software

edit: just re-read and noticed comming on at lights, which is a little weird,

Hoarey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
jetzboy im having tha same problem mate. im still pretty new to VZ, but andyman wat exactly does it clear if you hold own those buttons?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
andyman wat exactly does it clear if you hold own those buttons?

hold up and down, turn ignition on, wait for confirmation, then hold set until it says its clear,

that should reset the '45,000km service etc' or 'service vehicle soon',

if it comming up with 'check engine' or 'emissions error' etc, that will have to be reset with a compatible scan tool or sometimes disconnecting the battery will reset the code if its a one off fault.

Rhemmy

Rhemmy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S pac ute
please help

My ute does the same but not at the lights, just every 3-5 minutes. I have resulted in turning up the music...
I have tried doing the reset buttons and even taken it into a Holden place to get the computer hooked up to reset it that way, neither works for me. Everyone suggests a resolution but so far none have worked. Does anyone else have an idea?

I have tried: reset buttons
taking it to the Holden department
cleaning and replacing the filter- Holden suggested
checking the oil sensor- another holden suggestion

Chickenboi999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Sportswagon S2
1 dont listen to holden, less work is better work according to them
2 holden mustnt of done much i had this problem & took to my local mechanic (NOT HOLDEN) & they were able to clear it
3 holding in buttons clears on some cars but not all your Lumina should have the option though
I suggest get a tech 2 on it there good gear!