Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery drain

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
My mum drives a VZ calais, and last time I went for a visit, she said the battery kept going flat if she didn't drive it for a few days.
A mechanic I talked to said that if it isn't kept locked it drains the battery quite quickly. Would this be the problem or could there be something else wrong?

caseyhelen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SLE Commodore 3.8l
have the battery tested may a bad cell or it may be over charging

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
alternator could be on its way out? need to get it check to see if its charging the battery when the car is running, another thing you can do is to test the battery when the car is off to see if there is any load on it to see if there is anything draining it when its off....

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
easiest drain check to start off with is disconnect the negative lead and then slowly and gently fit the clamp up onto the pole at an angle so there is least amount of contact, check for a spark when re-attached,

check that the boot switch and glove box switch is turning off when closed,

is there any aftermarket accessories fitted, like car kit, electric trailer brakes etc?

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
It'll be about a month before I go back so I'll have to keep these things in mind and check them then. Thanks for the ideas