Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz alloytec 175kw air filter upgrade

R

ry79

Have placed a order for a vz storm ute, what is a good air filter to install, how much power increase would you get.What else can be done to increase power.

Utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II Monaro CV8 Redhot
ry79 said:
Have placed a order for a vz storm ute, what is a good air filter to install, how much power increase would you get.What else can be done to increase power.

I didn't think Holden had a VZ Storm out yet?
What extras does the new Storm have?

R

ry79

Utester said:
I didn't think Holden had a VZ Storm out yet?
What extras does the new Storm have?
Comes with ss driving lights/rear spoiler with brake light,17 inch VY11 SV8 wheels,pass airbag,6 disc CD,leather bolsters on seats,looks like an SS UTE,and is available in turismo as well as the other colours

Utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
ry79 said:
Comes with ss driving lights/rear spoiler with brake light,17 inch VY11 SV8 wheels,pass airbag,6 disc CD,leather bolsters on seats,looks like an SS UTE,and is available in turismo as well as the other colours

Cool, what's the RRP and when is it due out?
Of course my dealer knows nothing about it :bang:

R

ry79

Utester said:
Cool, what's the RRP and when is it due out?
Of course my dealer knows nothing about it :bang:
Cost is approx $33500 for an auto,i am in sydney and have seen one in the holden yard,they can be ordered now.

Utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
ry79 said:

I think K&N have a filter for the VZ, I have heard that the factory filter flows pretty well as it is though.
Pacemaker now have a set of extractors available, I am waiting to hear some feedback on these once someone has fitted them.
The talk appears to be fit the pacemakers with a 2 1/2" system..

Besides that not much currently available for our alloytecs, hope someone cracks the computer soon so owners can explore edits.

T

tolinja

i will let you know i have a set of pacemaker extractors and 2 1/2" system on order and hope to have them fitted next week.i am looking into cold air induction as well.
what do you mean by crack the computer soon so owners can explore edits? what would this do?
:wave:

Stug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute S
Ive had teh pacemaker extractors installed recently. I think they were ~$600. not really sure because they were included in a full 2 1/2 system including new cats. They add a bit of a rough noise up front because they are fairly thin but they give me a little more power along with the new system. Pacemaker quote 10rwkw gain but I didn't get dyno's done so i dont know for sure. I would recommend a new exhaust to everyone with the alloytech though, just for the sound :)