Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM failure

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Couldn't find any reference to this fault in the FAQ'S. Has anybody experienced the same problem as my son's VZ Acclaim, where all his indicators remain on after using the central locking button on his key? It has been happening over the past two years intermittently, but appears to have taken a liking to a more permanent state this week, with a flat battery resulting. Whilst at the dealer today, it did it and I was advised that this is reasonably common and can only be fixed by replacing the BCM and both keys, and re-programming the keys to the BCM.

Anybody know anything about this or experienced it themselves?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
heard of it yes, and i would be really trying to push for warranty even if its out, or go for halves as a compromise, as its expensive

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Unfortunately, warranty isn't really an option. October 04 build and not serviced in accordance with Holden Certified vehicle extended warranty. I have been quoted around $500 all up, getting my usual trade price on parts.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
pm me, i can repair your BCM for $250, this saves replacing the keys etc.
its a common fault

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
yeah it happens to me everynow and then, and when it does go i will be pushing for warranty cos its a know fault and i'm not long out of it.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If I have to take this thing out, where is it hiding? I suspect behind the drop down panel, above the pedals. Is access to it ok? Any special tools, or do I have to drill out rivets like the old VR?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
its the grey plastic box behind the fuse panel inside the car, theres no special tools needed, unplug the 4 connectors & there is 1 scrivet you will see, then pull it down to disengage it from the two upper clips.

Rob

bitt007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim 2004
BCM stuffed

DR Bob, my BCM is faulty.. indicators stay on when i use central locking, varies alot, need to press hazards to get them off.. sometimes it takes a while to get them off. Let me know if you an help......
bitt007

bluearmour

Shane
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hi all, yes this is a common problem and can be repaired. There is no need to replace the whole BCM. If you do replace your body control module, your original key heads will no longer work. You will need to get key heads programmed by Holden.
I can repair this fault. PM me if I can be of assistance.