Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Parking Sensor harness?

grahamrb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Been hanging out on the forums for a while reading, great info around...

I've bought some reverse parking sensors from ebay to fit to my VZ Executive. For reverse parking sensors you need to access the reverse lights so you know when to activate the sensors, my kit also has two front sensors which are activated by the brake lights.

I found some vague info on the forum about using a harness near the back driver side lights but I just had a look and there didn't seem to be a free harness in there. Does anyone know where it is? Any relevant part numbers? Also, a harness for a trailer perhaps?

thanks for any help!

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
If you need a towing harness call the holden dealer and they can give you the part no. easy enough. For the parking sensors i helped the old man install some on his berlina. We just took out the rear drivers side light box and put the reverse sensor into the reverse light bit. I would assume you should be able to do that and probably the same for the brake lights

grahamrb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Does any one know where the towing and/or reverse sensor plugs in? Also, what it looks like, and part number if possible?

A little more info, this is the thread I found on the site relating to this already:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...0-problem-reverse-sensors-tow-bar-fitted.html

The following quote gives me hope that there is a harness in the VZ executive:
This is out of my manual.....VZ AWD Adventra and cross 8 handbook.

Disabling the RPA
On some occasions you may wish to turn the RPA off to prevent the constant warning tones while reversing,such as when a bicycle rack is fitted to the tow bar (a bycycle may be recoginsed as a close object by the RPA.)To turn the RPA on/off,proced as follows:
1.Ensure that the engine is turned off.
2.Open the tailgate and carefully remove the right-hand light trim cover with a flate blade screwdriver.
3.Locate the black harness conector mid way along the RPA harness.
. RPA off - disconnect the black harness connector.
. RPA on - connect the black harness connector.
4.Install the rear light trim cover and close tailgate

Tow Bar
Same procedure as above
. Tow bar fitted - Disconnect the white harness conector.
. Tow bar removed - Connect the white harness connector

I use the Disabling the RPA method when I attach my tow bar.And its not a genuine one its off my old cruiser,
I know this is in a wagon but it might be worth a look?

steve

However, if I pull off the panel they suggest I don't really find anything useful. The only way I can see this being the case is if there is something like an extension for the light harness which has a splitter on it (if that makes any sense). I'm soooooo just going to end up connecting directly to the wires, it'd just be nice to use a harness if it was possible.

thanks for any more info

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
There should be a harness there, i have seen it in my s pack and i assume that all models would have it as a towbar is an option for all models... Just had a look at my old mans berlina and the wiring harness is just plugged into a spare plug behind the driver's rear lights

grahamrb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
There should be a harness there, i have seen it in my s pack and i assume that all models would have it as a towbar is an option for all models... Just had a look at my old mans berlina and the wiring harness is just plugged into a spare plug behind the driver's rear lights

Strange, I don't have an empty harness back there. There is a single wire harness there but that is about it (not sure what that is for??).