Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Trip Computer "Service Reminder" reset

Kev

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT 'S'
I've just completed the 20,000km service on my dad's VZ SV6, and am trying to reset the trip computer. I tried the sequence that resets the reminder in my VT, and it says "Awaiting Confirmation" and doesn't change from that screen. I have also tried the VY Sequence, and it doesn't seem to get as far as the VT Sequence.

Can anyone help and provide the correct sequence to reset the reminder?

Thank you for your help.

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
20,000 service???? The services are 15,000, 30,000 45,000 etc, not every 10,000k's... Might be time for a visit to the holden dealer to get the multiple updates for the computer I think

Oh and while your there ask them, cause they would not tell me when it came up at 10,000 on my car eithor :b:

MySV6

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hold the bottom two buttons and key on
when it beeps release them
press and hold the top right button until it resets.
there are lots of VZ V6 cars with the instruments incorrectly programmed causing the 10k reminder, take it to the dealer to get the instrument cluster re-programmed.

Cheers Rob

Kev

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT 'S'
Thanks Bob, worked perfectly. I think we'll stick with the 10,000 service interval software - we like to service the car more often anyway.

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Just do what I do - 7,500k service :) (Well, oil change only)

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
best get it fixed as im not sure what other settings are up the spout with the dash programmed as a V8, havent checked

Rob

B

bdcmedia

My VZ SS Is due at 20,000 in about 3 or so weeks. I now get a reminder saying Service Engine Oil reminder...i asked at Holden about this and apparently there was a glitch in the computer programming of a lot of VZ cars which allowed this reminder to show which is only a feature of the export version of these cars. A simple (4HR) reprogramming of the computer will fix this on my next service I am told!!!

Brett

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
bdcmedia said:
A simple (4HR) reprogramming of the computer will fix this on my next service I am told!!!
Brett
Wow 4 hrs to do a 30 second instrument cluster configuration.lol how do i get a job there????

i do a couple of these a day most days, dont even bother with paperwork most of the time, its too much hassle.

Cheers Rob

V

vzute

service reminder

my vz base ute has the same problem been flashin 10,000 k's service reminder for a while and the fual gauge is all over the place will have to drive it thru holden

xcaluber

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I drive an export version of the VZ SS. (Sold in South Africa as the Chev Lumina SS.) For some reason the "Service Engine Oil" reminder also started showing. Would the engine service reset sequence work for this too?