Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Haynes Vz workshop manual!

greggy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6 M6
Finally Haynes have made a workshop manual for the VZ!
Covers Alloytec 175 & 190, Gen III and 6.0L engines. Covers the 6 spd Aisin box (alloytec), T56 (V8's), 4 and 5 spd auto's.
The manual covers VT all the way through to VZ. (so also includes the 5L V8 and Ecotec)
Click this link to have a look

Search | The Pitstop Bookshop

Been waiting a while :)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It might be ok for the Alloytech and transmissions, but too many parts of the Haynes manual that this one is based on were generic or lacked specific details for the VY, and the VZ has a lot in common with the VY. I have the previous version from VT to VY and it is ok for most mechanical things but electrical and body sections aren't so good.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Ive been interested in this but have the feeling its mainly looking at the VT-VX, which is wat the book was orginally about. The VY-VZ info was added later on, as far as i know.

Ill be wanting to know how detailed the info is on the VZ is, especially the mechanical side of things.

greggy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6 M6
Yea just got it and had a flick through, its fairly good, but like you said, very generic. Good to have handy though.