Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can't put rims on a crewman?

Verds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Hey guys. I went down to my local bob jane the other day to get a tyre replaced cause its bald and i coped a massive shock/bs.

They guys told me it would be $300 for a new tyre on my 05 VZ Crewman S and when I asked them about rims ... they said you can't put rims on a crewman.

(Now I know that the car can carry up to 500 kg in the styleside box tray and I have a 2.5 tonne tow kit) But when I asked about SUV rims (which I know are load rated and are good to throw on 1 tonne utes so you can still carry your full load) he said nah you can't put them on.

I am going to go up the road to beurepair when I get the cash to get a new tyre and ask them.

Any one here have rims on their crewman? and i have seen a few getting around here in brissy so i know the dude was full of poo.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
ive seen heaps of them, a guy down the road had 22 inch vaults on his,

the guy is full of crap

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
that guy is full of crap.
my uncle has 18's on his ss crewman.
go to another shop i say.
good luck :thumbsup:

Verds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
yea the wanker was like you can only put rims on the ss and i was like you smoking crack. yea i am gonna stop by the bridgestone shop around the corner but yea $300 for a standard 17 inch tyre is a bit rich too

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
$300 for a standard tyre is bullshit aswel. Unless the tyres are specific for a load rating or something, they would be no different from any other tyre. I'd be complaining to his management and telling the guy needs more education before he opens his mouth again, or to admit when he is wrong.

Try someone else for sure :)

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Be vary carefull of what wheels you get, the load rating is the key here. If it is lower than the stock rims, you may be able to be pinged for it.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Yeah i've heard the same issue. Because its classed as a commercial vehicle, you have to keep those wheels/tyres.

As said, you should be able to find something with the same load rating!

Verds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Yea all suv wheels are load rated. I have had them on 1 tonne utes before. the only reason the crewman wheels are load rated is cause it ways 2 tonne with out a load and passangers then can carry a further 500 kg in the styleside tray plus passangers then the tow kit (mines 2.5 tonne with brakes) So i understand the reason for load rated rims ... Just thought i'dtell every one so as to get a second opinion and then to make sure the guy was a tosser.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
lol, they come from the factory with 18's. same tyres as the ss sedans. that guy is a douche

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
lol, they come from the factory with 18's. same tyres as the ss sedans. that guy is a douche

I thought they got the 17in variant?