Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Oil Pressure Sensor

tepaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Hello all,

We are experiencing the "service vehicle soon" message and it's driving us mad! - from a bit of research, I've found that the oil pressure sensor on the VZ's can cause this message.

Does anyone have instructions or could give tips on replacing the oil pressure sensor?

Many thanks in advance.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Can't you just reset the message through the dash??

tepaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
As far as I know, it can't be reset through the dash.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
guys guys guys, remember, service vehicle soon IS NOT A SERVICE REMINDER, this is set when a non emissions related fault is detected,

to the op, have you properly diagnosed what is cauing the issue, buying a new pressure sensor is expensive and reckless way of fixing a problem, there are oodles of fault codes that can cause the svs message, id be getting it checked with a scan tool before replacing parts,

tepaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
guys guys guys, remember, service vehicle soon IS NOT A SERVICE REMINDER, this is set when a non emissions related fault is detected,

to the op, have you properly diagnosed what is cauing the issue, buying a new pressure sensor is expensive and reckless way of fixing a problem, there are oodles of fault codes that can cause the svs message, id be getting it checked with a scan tool before replacing parts,

Thanks for the info guys. Do I have to go to the dealer do have this scan done?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the info guys. Do I have to go to the dealer do have this scan done?

dealer or any other mechanical workshop with a compatible scan tool

BerlinaBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 V6 + VZ Acclaim Wagon
HI, I've had the "service vehicle soon" error the last couple of days. Had it checked with a scan tool -free of charge!!!! (not at a dealer, I refuse to go there any more). There were three error codes:
1) Oil Pressure out of range.
2) Oil pressure in range. --?????
3) Lost communications with module.

I wasn't there, but my wife assures me these are the error codes the mechanic told her.
The car is booked in to be serviced on Friday so I will post the results when i have them.
My gutt instinct was faulty oil pressure sender but I don't know about the loss of communications error?
Wait and see with crossed fingers I guess.

BTW - Andyman :thumbsup:thanks for setting everyone straight about resetting the service notice. Everyone seems to think it is the same as a regular notice, and it just isn't te same! :bang: Incidentally it does clear - for a very short period in my case - if you disconnect the battery for a while.
Ben.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
BTW - Andyman :thumbsup:thanks for setting everyone straight about resetting the service notice. Everyone seems to think it is the same as a regular notice, and it just isn't te same! :bang: Incidentally it does clear - for a very short period in my case - if you disconnect the battery for a while.
Ben.

no worries, its a very silly of showing a fault code, i can imagine alot of people taking there cars to get serviced and an ill informed or workshop without expirance would just change the oil and filter etc

BerlinaBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 V6 + VZ Acclaim Wagon
Got it fixed today. It was the oil pressure switch. Cost $132 for the switch plus half an hour labour.
All good again. No more annoying beeping!!