Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

has anyone retrimmed their Interior??

GLITRES

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 6 litre
Hey guys,
I'm looking to do my interior and saw this ad on e-bay

The guy quoted me just under 2k to make my VY look the same as the photo of the first VY (the first set of pictures)

SEAT COVERS HOLDEN COMMODORE VE VZ VY VX VT VR VS VN VP - eBay Seats, Interior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-Mar-09 14:59:24 AEDST)

Anyway, my question is has anyone done this to their car and how is it? or can anyone suggest a better place to go and have it done?

Thanks for the help guys..

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
look's alright but if your gunna do that go for a retrim on the rooflining too ;) is he using vynil or leather ?

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey guys,
I'm looking to do my interior and saw this ad on e-bay

The guy quoted me just under 2k to make my VY look the same as the photo of the first VY (the first set of pictures)

SEAT COVERS HOLDEN COMMODORE VE VZ VY VX VT VR VS VN VP - eBay Seats, Interior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-Mar-09 14:59:24 AEDST)

Anyway, my question is has anyone done this to their car and how is it? or can anyone suggest a better place to go and have it done?

Thanks for the help guys..

I take it the 2K quote is for gen leather?
this bloke had his seats retrimmed in the reborn leather from the same people!
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/68994-my-vr-bt1-fake-ss.html

GLITRES

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 6 litre
yeah, i dunno about that.
I wanted to do my carpet also but he doesn't do that..

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
there is plenty of places around the area that sell carpet replacements for around $250-300, where abouts are you located? thought about trying the reborn leather? big price difference!

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
ok its not real leather
its leatherette.
im getting em for mine. that fake ss vr, wasnt done tight enough so its all wrinkly and doesnt like as good
adam211 (it think) had it done and his looks awesome.
search ebay leather on here and ull see

GLITRES

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 6 litre
Im in box hill south Melbourne.
Yeah this guy only does reborn leather..
Im thinking its a good price for what it ends up looking like..

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
ok its not real leather
its leatherette.
im getting em for mine. that fake ss vr, wasnt done tight enough so its all wrinkly and doesnt like as good
adam211 (it think) had it done and his looks awesome.
search ebay leather on here and ull see
"according to what i read on the all intelligent Wikipedia:p
"leatherette is a fake leather usually made by covering a fabric base with plastic. The fabric can be made of a natural or a synthetic fibre which is then covered with a soft PVC layer.
Leatherette bound books and 20th century cameras are good examples of leatherette. Leatherette clothing of various kinds (including lingeries) also exist.

A disadvantage of plastic "leatherette" is that it is not porous and does not allow air to pass through it, thus sweat can accumulate if it is used for clothing, car seat coverings, etc. However, one of its primary advantages, especially in cars, is that it requires little maintenance in comparison to leather and does not crack or fade as easily.

During a fire, leatherette may cause additional serious skin damage because it not only burns more vigorously than leather, but can also melt.
whereas according to these guys reborn leather is actually made from real leather:

This product is strictly not Vinyl related which is PVC based.
Reborn leather is a by product made from genuine leather. We import the material from Germany in bulk.
Basically unused leather processed further to make it automotive suitable.
During the process some chemicals are added to increase the durability, scratch & UV resistance.
The texture, looks & feeling are all exactly the same, you are sure to be impressed.