Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembo Brake Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
I was looking on Ebay and I found these cool red Brembo Stick on caliper covers. Does anyone know of these or what they look like on the car? I'm thinking about getting them but I don't want the fake to be picked from a mile off.

dylanstone

tsu tsu tsu tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 1997 VT executive
i read somewhere in another thread that they fall off and the nuts come loose within a month or so and can damage your breaks and various other things.....up to you though!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
They look about as real as one of these:
2468-m.jpg

Reaper

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Don't waste your time - they look like ****, not to mention that as dylanstone said, after a while they will come loose, which considering it goes on your brake caliper, is a safety issue. Secondly, i'm sorry but there's just no way in Hell I would ever recommend to anyone to put some crappy piece of plastic on their brakes (pretty much your car's most critical safety feature) that really has no place there! If you want the Brembo look, either paint your calipers red, or just buy the real thing.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Dont do it !!!!!!

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Why would you get Brembo brake covers if you don't have Brembo brakes?

Seriously mate?

jw.pfitzner

Fitzy
Reaction score
Members Ride
6 Speed Gen III VX SS
Why would you get Brembo brake covers if you don't have Brembo brakes?

Seriously mate?

i seen em to and if your not rich enough to afford the real deal i reckon their a sick idea but i was also skeptical on what they would look like, and with the whole nuts coming loose thing... how hard is it to whack a bit of loctite on em, keyword being LOCK TIGHT, id be more worried about wether the plastic would handle the heat that your calipers put out cause bugger havin to clean melted plastic off everything

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
i seen em to and if your not rich enough to afford the real deal i reckon their a sick idea but i was also skeptical on what they would look like, and with the whole nuts coming loose thing... how hard is it to whack a bit of loctite on em, keyword being LOCK TIGHT, id be more worried about wether the plastic would handle the heat that your calipers put out cause bugger havin to clean melted plastic off everything

It is RICER, in other words, crap

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I believe the loosening ptroblem of these covers is that they are usually used over sliding caliper type brakes.
with sliding caliper brakes as the pads wear the position of the caliper in relation to the anchor bracket changes hence why the nuts/bolts come loose.
You would probably have to check and tighten the nuts pretty regularly to keep pace with pad wear.
Personally I wouldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.