Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to get, a VZ SS ute or a VE SS ute

NQC'doreVTManual

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Toyota Hilux D/Cab SR5 4x4 4L V6 Manual
Hey guys,
Lately I have been planning for the future a bit. You see, I am really keen to get behind the wheel of a V8 holden ute and well I can't as of yet as I am a P-plater :( . So when I'm on my opens (march 2013), I've been looking to get a V8 holden ute. Now I am opting for the 6.0L as it has a bit more power and torque. However, am not sure which model to get. I will probably set my budget to around 20k (maybe go up to 5k over) and I only want a manual (as I am sick of autos as I own one now and its boring as!). So Ive been looking up both the VE and the VZ. They are both great utes however, according to power to weight and torque to weigh ratios, the VZ SHOULD be quicker. However the VEs look a bit better and aren't as dated as the VZ (still based on the VT body). The VEs also have more visual upgrades for them. Although as for prices, the VZs aren't much cheaper, but hey, every dollar counts right? So what do you guys think I should strive get? Thanks

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
ve is the obvious answer unless you REALLY like the vz shape

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
bit of a no brainer, newer is pretty much always better.. so if you can afford a VE, get a VE.

wouldnt worry about performance too much, you will probably end up putting and exhaust and all that crap anyways, my clapped out VU can beats my mates VE, but his smashes mine in every other aspect, even just the space behing the seat is enough to pick a ve over a VU/Y/Z model

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
imo the VZ's look better but i would still go for the newer VE.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
for around 25k you can get a 120,000km+ 05 hsv maloo.:)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
you have about 13 more months to decide... im sure youll come to the conclusion.

which shape do you like better?
and have you been in both before?

get a test in both and see which you prefer.