Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rare spares

5lt caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice 5lt,02vx executive v6,87 vl commy rb30
Trying to source parts for my VQ Caprice thought i would head to the all mighty EBAY.:bang: I was left gob smacked when two ppl were selling part 1st one was a caprice roof lineing $500 2nd was set of fog lights $500, WTF are these standard prices for vq parts, think i can put up with a cracked fog light a bit longer lol.

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
Keep looking mate. I've picked up a couple of VQ parts for my VS for a song.

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ STATESMAN SV90 VQ CAPRICE WL CAPRICE
Fog lights are expensive wont see sets below $300. Hunt around you'll find some picked my fist set up (broken but with spares) for $300. Then i picked up another set for $100 (1 had broken brackets). I made a spare set with the other spares i had but i aint selling them (just in case i have a prang). If its the glass your after they do come up separately. What else you after?

5lt caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice 5lt,02vx executive v6,87 vl commy rb30
just the fog light glass on the drivers side, bonnet badge (centre piece is missing) and centre cap off rim plastic clips snapped and flew off on the highway some time. every thing else is mint roof lining is perfect i just seen that one on ebay and thought wtf

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bonnet emblem's are about $100 on ebay for your style (cant get them new any more). i put a WH caprice emblem on mine cost just over $100 new. The chrome on the bumpers are hard to get and cost a bit too. You will find that there aint many new parts you can get for the vq caprice/statesman anymore.

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh and dont brake your front grill = $300+ if you can find one. considering they where $255 new about 3-4 years ago ( i got the last one in australia)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That's why VQ Caprice and Statesmans are almost always written off immediately in front-on accidents. Spares are impossible to pick up genuine, and second handies cost a fortune.

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thats why you get a good insurace company that will insure your vq for $20g. or just buy all the spares you come accross at a resonable price. bumpers are cheap just all the other bits are over priced

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah, if I had the money to throw at spares I'd be picking them up now :p So in 10yrs I don't fork out $1000 for a grille.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Ebay is shocking. Someone puts a stupid price on something, someone who needs it for a restoration buys it, and sets the price for every other item the same to follow.

I bought 2 Stato roof linings for $17ea, much better than the 200+ a wreckers wanted.