Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Giving an Omega a cute "butt"

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
One of the mods I am planning once I get a VE omega..is to give it the twin rear exhaust look of the SV6/SS. I havnt found anywhere to get these..but I have seen a few allready done so they must be out there..
Just wanting to know my options..does the whole rear bar have to be replaced or just the very bottom part (not sure what to call it...rear difusser???)
I would like to get an idea of how easy/hard this would be to do and if it requires any mod of the rear muffler/s.

Thanks

Scott.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Here is a good thread with loads of info on fitting the dual or quad system to the omega bars:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/87421-v8-rear-muffler-v6-omega.html

Personally i am going to try and find the genuine sv6/ss rear bar in my colour and go down that road. If i can't find one i may end up fitting the lower garnish as mentioned above.

I already have the ssv lights (from holmart) fitted and they are a massive upgrade on the red ones in my opinion. plans to get the calais rear boot lip too and maybe even lower it slightly in the future.

she'll have a sexy arse after that ;)

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
omega upgrades

Thanks for the thread to the info...one of the main reasons I am looking at the omega is because of the way you can update a lot of parts from the more expensive models..I guess if I had plenty of $$$ I would go straight out and get a new top of the range....but with limited funds..I can buy a good low K omega and make it look the part over time..the thing I like most...is that the standard omega does have so much for the basic model...as oppossed to earlier commodores...where you had base models that were very basic eg..wind up windows..

Cheers

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Lol yeah. its very nice as far as base models go. I was in the same boat as you. can't budget for the hih end models.

The omega has taken the place of the acclaims, esteems and whatever else holden released below belina.

Comes standard with esp,abs, traction control etc. And yes, high end parts are very interchangable with this car =D

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
what state are you in mate?

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
cute butt

Not sure who your asking..but I am in Vic...

Why so down on the Omega engine and trans??.. I really like the drive train on the omega..I even like the fact that its the only model with the "sports" button..I may be wrong..but unlike earlier models, the sports button on the omega acts on more than just the gearbox settings (holding gears for longer)..
Perhaps someone can verify if this is correct.

Cheers.

ps.if you are refering to the fact that the omega is not a semi-auto (triptronic)..I have had two cars that were triptronc (nissan R34)..they are ok..can be a bit of fun..but after having them, I felt no great urge for one..if anything having the couple of triptronics..would temp me more to go back to a manual..that being said..Ive not heard any feedback about holden semi autos...they could be real nice.

Scott

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Why so down on the Omega engine and trans??.. I really like the drive train on the omega..I even like the fact that its the only model with the "sports" button..I may be wrong..but unlike earlier models, the sports button on the omega acts on more than just the gearbox settings (holding gears for longer)..
Perhaps someone can verify if this is correct.

Cheers.

Have you driven an FG with the ZF, or even a 6 speed auto VE?