Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 stroke fan or 4 stroke fan?

2 stroke fan or 4 stroke fan?

• the 2 banger

Votes: 52 44.4%
  • the 4 banger

Votes: 42 35.9%
  • couldn't care less

Votes: 23 19.7%

• Total voters

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
I still think with a good rider a 1990-- CR500 could beat any modern 4 stroke in the open class if they wern't banned and you had a good rider on it

CR500 ftw!! A mate of mine's got a CR500 motor in a 250 frame with full pro-circuit exhaust. It, for lack of a better words, goes like a shower of ****.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
i only ride a road bike, not a chook chaser, irrelevant to this thread i know..... so it HAD to be 4 stroke :thumbsup:

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Mixing fuel sucks, but you cant beat the smell or the sound of a 2-stroke engine.

You're not wrong there. I've got myself an 03 yz250wr - a pure missile/death weapon. I've taken a few of the 250 4 strokes for a ride and they're good fun torquey bikes, but they just lack the ZING factor of a 2 stroke!

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Yep another 2-stroke fan here. Currently riding a Honda CR125. Can't beat that sweet feeling of hitting band.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Smiley simulation of finding starting and riding a 500cc two stroke

:) :yarr: :rolleyes: :computer: :cry: :ranting: :eek: :cry: :eek: :confused: :driving: :eek: :eek: :eek: :) :D :yeah: :driving: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :clapping: :bow: :rip: :angel:

:confused:

:) :yarr: :rolleyes: :computer: :cry: :ranting: :eek: :cry: :eek: :confused: :driving: :eek: :eek: :eek: :) :D :yeah: :driving: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :clapping: :bow:

Roachie305

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II commodore EXEC
i prefer 4 strokes, the whiney sound of a 2 stroke pisses me off, crf250r if you were wondering!

Tamperer#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 3.8 "just needs a little love"
i like em both but i reckon the ear peircing zing of the 2ey accompanied by a waft of smoke that makes me reminisce of childhood days hacking down mums flowers with a whipper snipper is my favorite by a nose

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
i compare 2 strokes and 4 strokes to 4 cylinders and 8 cylinders...nothing can beat the sound of the 4 stroke/v8..so my vote goes for the 4 stroke for the fact i dont like racing/motorcross i like enduro and thrashing thru the bush!

p.s dunno who said it but blackduck WAS great place to ride till they had alot of legal bulls#*t...actually think its closed now...to many deaths

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
2 stroke FTW

nothing better than the sound and smell of a good 2 stroke bike fanging about

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
p.s dunno who said it but blackduck WAS great place to ride till they had alot of legal bulls#*t...actually think its closed now...to many deaths
probably me, i used to love that place, me and my mates would hit it up probably 4 times a year...camp for a week, ride all day, go for a 4x4, then hit the drink at night with whoever else (usually ends up with a big fire and a heap of people, all getting on it talking about the days adventures :D), was an awesome place! I miss it so much :(