Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate roumor

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
One P plate for one year.

Passing the drivers license requires a mandatory passing of an advanced driver training program at a facility that has a skid pan and a wobble plate.

The P plate has a speed limit of 100KMH, but if detected doing 15kmh over the speed limit, you are broken back to L and have to reattend all courses and resit the written and practical tests.

Open license reverted to 11 points in 2 years. Accumulation of more than 6 points in a 12 month period is mandatory driver funded attendance to an advanced driver training course as above. Resitting of written part of drivers license with a pass required or broken back to P's.

Every 10 years - Re-sitting practical part of drivers license - government funded, drawn from annual license fees. If this puts license fees up - so be it. Failure means back to advanced driver training course and P's.

Get the picture ? At every stage stress training and education over penalties and removal. the goal is better trained drivers that handle situations automatically, and not 'gauge watchers' who forget to indicate or keep left or give way.

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
How about educating people in school .....make drivers ed part of every school curriculum ,thats a start
red P platers on the open highway are an accident about to happen !!! they are a mobile chicane ,whatever moron in any form of government that decreed the speed limit for red p platers should be strung up it is just plain dangerous
all we have in this country is a government (all states) that want to raise revenue P plate drivers are in reality a cash cow for the government through fines/defects etc all the local popo have to do is see a p plate and it is instant "pull over driver" ........hmmm lets see respect for popo goes out the window by the time you reach 17 years and 3 months !
beating P plate drivers over the head with the threat of huge fines and suspensions is not really a great system
I realise i am waffling a bit BUT the system we have for younger drivers is extremely flawed !
I have been off of my P plates for more years than i care to remember ..........

rickybobby

shake 'n' bake
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 T5, VR V8 T5, VS L67 statto, VY V6
make the privilege of driving cost more dollars.

poor people are scum.

rich people are awesome.

clearly rich people are much better at sharing than poor people.

very rare to see a beemer, merc, audi or volvo driver acting like a tool on the road.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
very rare to see a beemer, merc, audi or volvo driver acting like a tool on the road.

i see it all the time. usually soccer moms in their expensive 4wd's. people that have enough money not to worry about hitting stuff because they can easily afford to fix that little bump in their front bar every now and then

Niggadore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Caprice V8. 1996 Proton satria.
these laws seem to be doing a bang up job and there is no fault with them what so ever.

Pfft, these laws have done almost nothing.
Majority of P platers still drive 8's or boosted cars.
and i'm not sure about the rumour going around about taking the law away, but there has been more accidents involving p platers driving high powered vehicles then before the law was implemented.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
i see it all the time. usually soccer moms in their expensive 4wd's. people that have enough money not to worry about hitting stuff because they can easily afford to fix that little bump in their front bar every now and then

WORST Drivers I see in the city are allways women in posh 4WD's, they seem to drive them Wide Open foot on the floor everywhere they go? and just dive inbetween traffic as if they are on a push bike, freakin psychos with no respect/regard for anyone they might hit or run over. There's tons of VN's out here in the bush yet I've never ever seen anyone in a VN drive as dangerously as those crazy bitches in the city in their 4wd's :!). There should be a law against owning a 4wd if you live iniside Melbourne, that would be a usefull law for a change :). You lose count of the times my wife gives the finger to soccer mums that barge past her little car when we are in the city :p

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
^^ agreed.

When ever i'm driving home from tafe i occasionally get a Bmw X5 or some expensive 4x4 so far up my ass if i brake they would hit me.

Stuck up bitches if you ask me, thrashing it where ever they go. I'm not being sexist, but 9 times out of 10 its women driving them.

End rant.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
Let the harsher P plate laws flow.

Who am I to care, I'm years off my p's and if it means that my future kids will have it tougher in order to be better drivers then bring it on.

But on a different note.
Being in the NSWFB, it surprises me that we cut more elderly people out of cars rather than p platers.
The p platers are usually just the fender benders

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
Yet again, its the minority of idiotic p-plater hoons in cars that ruin it for the rest of us. Enforcing a maximum speed or such isnt going to stop the idiotic p-platers breaking the law.

Yea good point, hows a 90km/h or 100km/h going to restrict someone driving dangerously in a 60, 70 or 80 zone which most areas are