Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing the Central Display

zmr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS-V
Is it possible to change what is displayed on the central display above the main console?

On the SS-V it shows Voltage and Oil Pressure - I've noticed on models without the LCD display it shows the date and time.

In my opinion (which probbaly isnt worth much) the Voltage and Oil pressure display is a bit worthless really as there is no indication of what is too low or too high...and Im assuming a drop in oil pressure will result in a warning light on the dash anyway.

It would be great if you could display some of the data you can get with the computer in engineering mode - like Transmission Sump Temperture (so I know when I can start thrashing it) or even better the Throttle Setting Percentage - to really impress the passengers......."Whoa thats only half throttle!" :yeah:

zmr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS-V
Yeah cheers for that and I have already. All it says on page 1A-8 is "Battery Voltage/ Oil Pressure Gauge"...and thats all I can find.

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Press the volume knob, you should have options displayed.

zmr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS-V
Unfortunately on the SS-V pressing the volume knob powers off or on the Stereo. Still hopeful one of you smart cookies will know if its possible.....or not.

benji09ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.05 SSV UTE
i have an o9 ssv ute and have the same problem, i have read the manual and have found nothing. i seen an o7 ssv ute with the date displayed instead of the worthless info the currently

US_VE_Fan

Liquid8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 (VE SV6)
I have a Pontiac G8 Sedan with the base radio. Same as that in VE SV6. It has a display mode which shows date and time. With the base, single CD radio, this display is also where radio station information and CD track info is displayed. I believe in the early model SS and SSV with the color display on the head unit. The top display was used for what some here in the states call the Atari gauges. This sound like what you are trying to change. It is my understanding the only options for this top display is to block it off with an overlay or disconnect it.

Hope this helps!

Brian

zmr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS-V
He he I reckon! I emailed Holden's Customer Assistance Centre (or CAC) and got this reply....much the same as you were saying Brian...

Thank you for your email.

The display between the speedometer and tachometer are the only customisable displays in the VE. Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
Holden Customer Assistance Centre

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
I have a Pontiac G8 Sedan with the base radio. Same as that in VE SV6. It has a display mode which shows date and time. With the base, single CD radio, this display is also where radio station information and CD track info is displayed. I believe in the early model SS and SSV with the color display on the head unit. The top display was used for what some here in the states call the Atari gauges. This sound like what you are trying to change. It is my understanding the only options for this top display is to block it off with an overlay or disconnect it.

Hope this helps!

Brian
Atari gauges.....:D
Maybe if you can find where the slot is
you can change the cartridge!
Pitfall?

US_VE_Fan

Liquid8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 (VE SV6)
Or you could shove an old Atari game cartridge into it as rodbol, sorry didn't know what else to call you, suggests. I think the overlay is probably a better idea. Why waste a perfectly good Atari game?

There are some over here that have changed out the displays with more useful ones. I will try to find a link for you, if you are interested?