Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing console panels

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
You'll need to take off the top half of the centre console to get to the shifter surround. There's one screw to take off underneath the little sprinloaded drawer in the centre of the dash. After removing this open up your console box and lift the top console cover. It's held on by about 6 or so clips. Here's a pic that explains it better:
no1.jpg

no2.jpg

From here you should be able to unhook the shifter surround from its base, there's 4 clips holding it in. Look underneath the shifter surround and you'll be able to reattach the shifter boot.

chayandrews

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore wagon
That says it all, except having a magnetic screwdriver helps, especially for the screw right under the radio.

Cod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I just did my shifter boot cover, put a new one in. I found that 2 of the little plastic protruding clips were broken off so the rear of the boot cover didnt have anything holding it in place. I had to super glue that part of it down to the plastic or it would pull out exposing a gap when shifter was in park.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
I just did my shifter boot cover, put a new one in. I found that 2 of the little plastic protruding clips were broken off so the rear of the boot cover didnt have anything holding it in place. I had to super glue that part of it down to the plastic or it would pull out exposing a gap when shifter was in park.

Similar to what I have but I permanently have a gap. How much was the boot and do u have the holden part number?

If I can't get mine to stick I may get a HBD kit...:idea:

Cod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
dont remember part number, just ask coventries or amcap and they'll track it down, was about $20? possibly

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6

Turns out this is exactly what my problem was too. But she's all good now.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
mines like that now, put it in park and you can see the leather has pulled away from the surround at the back..not sure if i wanna pull the dash apart though.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
mines like that now, put it in park and you can see the leather has pulled away from the surround at the back..not sure if i wanna pull the dash apart though.

Its not too hard. Just follow the diagram above. What that doesn't mention is you need to pry out another trim piece before you can get access to the leather.

Glad I did it.