Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Exhaust

Cod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
If you want the 2.5" go for it :p But keep in mind you're doing twin, so it's only 3 cyl per 2.5" pipe, that's a 1.8ltr engine with a 2.5" fitted.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
It all depends on what you want your exhaust to sound like. If you want it loud, go the twin 2.5. But several exhaust shops I have spoken to have all said to go with a 2.25 as its the best for the alloytec. Its got a note, its not going to get into trouble with the cops, and it doesn't harm performance.

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
NAAF.. you may be able to answer this.. What is the difference between a sedan exhaust and a ute exhaust. Are they interchangeable? Would you be able to modify a ute exhaust to fit a sedan?

The reason I ask is that I have found an excellent LS1 twin factory exhaust for a ute and I would like to fit it to my sedan. Whaddaya reckon?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
i wouldnt say 2 1/2 is that big for a v6 considering it has a descent size motor in it.
and i wouldent go over 2 1/2 exhaust unless it was an 8

An alloytec is a decent size? It's only 3.6L, twin 2 1/2" is definitely too large for it.

NAAF.. you may be able to answer this.. What is the difference between a sedan exhaust and a ute exhaust. Are they interchangeable? Would you be able to modify a ute exhaust to fit a sedan?

The reason I ask is that I have found an excellent LS1 twin factory exhaust for a ute and I would like to fit it to my sedan. Whaddaya reckon?

The ute exhaust is longer than the sedan, you will need to take about 4" out of the centre section. Also the rear is slightly different as well. The tips are parallel on the ute but have a bias on the sedan, the outer one is shorter than the inner one.

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
So after cats go straight to 3"? What with a resi or muffler?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
2 1/4" off the cats, into mufflers then into single 3" resonator after that.

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
2 1/4" off the cats, into mufflers then into single 3" resonator after that.

Have you heard this set up? Any chance of a vid? Also by mufflers do you mean the existing ones the VZ's have or AM ones?

Cheers mate