Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New hsv/fpv & v8 supercars numberplates.. Nsw

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Since i can't start a thread in news or the NSW section i thought i would place this here... mods can move if they want..

High Performance Plates

New plates will be released by the RTA on the 30/11/09 to celebrate the V8's being in Homebush for the Sydney Telstra 500.. You can get a HSV plate FPV plate or V8 Supercars plate with the letters/numbers of your choice ( if available) or your existing plates can be changed to one of these... apparently it is only available for a limited time or while stocks last from selected RTA branches and new car dealers for a one off cost of $320...

I wouldn't mind a set but i think they are the standard size plate not slimline so i don't know how the front of the VE would look with a larger plate on it...

What do people think ?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I wouldn't mind a set but i think they are the standard size plate not slimline so i don't know how the front of the VE would look with a larger plate on it...

Still very very ugly :banstick:

What do people think ?

Waste of money, if you wanted to support one of the most boring forms of racing, you could buy horse racing ones instead? :p

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Well they are released today they don't look to bad from the front...

hsv_plate_wallpaper_1440x900.jpg

hsv_car_wallpaper_1024x768.jpg

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
wish it said holden instead of hsv.id get one if they did

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
just another thing to worry about when some moron decides they want to steal them

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Yeah stocky i agree.. i guess you could use those one way screws but you would have to drill them out if you wanted to remove them yourself i guess...

My car stays in the garage and if i drive it im usually with or near the car anyways. Is almost worth them trying to steal the plates so you could catch them in the act...:boxing:

I have ordered mine so we will wait and see.....

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
wish it said holden instead of hsv.id get one if they did

same here, it would look wrong if i had HSV plates bolted to my poverty pack executive.
i'll bet that before long we will see these plates bolted to all manner of automotive garbage, FPV plates on a busted arse XF falcon- HSV plates on a rustbucket gemini, etc. it will be good for a laugh