Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

air con comressor

= SUPERMAN =

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
how much 4 new 1?

Hey mate, just got the entire compressor piping done in my car. Don't buy them second hand coz they often break.

The wreckers wanted to charge me $150 for the entire unit (hoses and pipes), but I went to Heartland Holden and got it for $180 brand new. I've got a VT SS 5L.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Hey mate, just got the entire compressor piping done in my car. Don't buy them second hand coz they often break.

The wreckers wanted to charge me $150 for the entire unit (hoses and pipes), but I went to Heartland Holden and got it for $180 brand new. I've got a VT SS 5L.

Thats a good damn price,most AC places will quote you over $500 for a new one.

= SUPERMAN =

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thats a good damn price,most AC places will quote you over $500 for a new one.

Yeah mate go to Holden and get em brand new. it's alot of pipe for the price you are paying. you'll see what i mean when you see it. good luck ;)

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
i need a new one, so anyone else got them from holden dealers around that price?

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
I am a little confused here, IS Superman is talking about the pipes and fittings only, NO compressor? while Ado is referring to the compressor, without pipes and fittings.????

M

mwb235

I've been quoted by my local natrad shop $900 fitted (genuine compressor). Another shop will charge me $200 to fit/gas up only, if i supply the compressor. I'm thinking of buying a new aftermarket compressor off eBay for $400 - that seller's ad says the aftermarket compressors can be serviced (i.e. parts available) whereas the genuine ones cannot. I don't know if that's just salesman spin or not, but the one thing i do know is i'd rather pay $600 compared to $900.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
No way is a compressor worth $180 from Heartland.. They are not that generous.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
where you located. theres a fella on boostcruising selling compessors new for 365. fits and gasses for 565. pretty sure hes on ebay too. brisbane areas