Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

looking for a stock memcal

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
Hi I am looking for a stock memcal for 92 VP auto V6.
the memcal I am looking for is Delco BAAM 0265. Anyone be able to help me I would appreciate it.

Cheers.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Have you tried raiding your local wreckers? That's how i got a hold of mine.

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
I could give that a try but I don't like the holden wreckers in bendigo, absolute rip off :mad:. Makes it extremely difficult as I am on a real tight budget and cant afford much these days. I might try a trip down to Melbourne one day. got good wrecker there :)

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
just go to a u pull it and pocket it? my wreckers seeing i go there every week jsut lets me through with little things, i can walk out with 10 memcals if i want lol

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
I tried my wreckers. no go. first they have every thing at the back and dont allow people to go there. secondly they don't even know what a memcal was. I had to explain when I asked and in the end they let me open an ECU up to show them. lol they seemed surprised. then they would not sell one by it self only whole ECU. they suck :mad:

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
I agree the cheapest way to go is visit a melbourne wrecker where they let you at the cars, there must be hundreds of memcals not to mention entire ECU's go through the crusher, I wouldn't lose any sleep over pocketing one. Girl at my local wrecker won't take any money for smaller stuff anyway. What do you need a memcal for anyway?

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
performance change over memcal. basically so I can easily change from performance to stock when ever I need to. I need one for the sv3800 EPROM I got here.

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
Why would you need to change over ?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If you want a stock looking one for P plates/epa whatever the easiest way is the _carefully_ remove the stock sticker, reprogram the memcal with the SV tune then replace the stock sticker

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
If you want a stock looking one for P plates/epa whatever the easiest way is the _carefully_ remove the stock sticker, reprogram the memcal with the SV tune then replace the stock sticker

would love to see coppers pulling apart the car to get at the memcal and going "AHA, its been modded"