Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

getting more torque off the line in an ecotec?

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
no offence to anyone but my stock v6 calais beats any ford 6 up and including au models( havent gone against any after the au)

off the mark and from there on

:D

lol where talking torque here

maybe i should head over too the ford forums and ask about my ecotec?

bahahahahahahahaha

Their 4.0L V6's definitely are not very quick until the BA's which are quick indeed in comparison to our ecotecs and buicks =[

only the yanks have the ford v6 we only have the i6 ;) just to be clear i like the fords and the holdens both but for the opposite reasons to one another

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
lol V6 ford falcon :D

ive just grabbed an EB Fairlane Ghia and i have to say they are far more refined than my last VR Acclaim.

but on the talk or torque, maybe look into an injector upgrade. not in 'cc' but injector type. for performance the falcon i6 injectors will get it running better. they have a better spray pattern and they will go straight in since its all bosch. Dr. Rob drag racer will back me up on this one.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
lol V6 ford falcon :D

ive just grabbed an EB Fairlane Ghia and i have to say they are far more refined than my last VR Acclaim.

but on the talk or torque, maybe look into an injector upgrade. not in 'cc' but injector type. for performance the falcon i6 injectors will get it running better. they have a better spray pattern and they will go straight in since its all bosch. Dr. Rob drag racer will back me up on this one.

stop giving all my little dirty secrets away lol

p.s hes only telling you half of what my injectors are capable of lol

Dangerous Dave

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice
Says the guy shouting "heathen!" :)

I'm ashamed to admit it, but i did enjoy driving a slightly tickled XR6 turbo not long ago..

I just dont like "F's" because they are a straight 6, they may be torquey, but prefer my good ol' dunnydore.

Its allll personal preference, like blondes or brunettes :)

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I'm ashamed to admit it, but i did enjoy driving a slightly tickled XR6 turbo not long ago..

I just dont like "F's" because they are a straight 6, they may be torquey, but prefer my good ol' dunnydore.

so very true personally i like the ford because of the comfort because of my buggered back and because i tow a race car but i like the vp for running about town nice and zippy but in the end its about preference as ya said :)

customvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.2 vt executive
Their 4.0L V6's definitely are not very quick until the BA's which are quick indeed in comparison to our ecotecs and buicks =[

unless the ecotech is stroked to 4.2l then game over ford

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
The ford 6 'may' be a good engine but the rest of the car is a bucket of ****

The suspension setup is pretty good, the interior is pretty poor, the AU's especially, BA was slightly better. AU exterior and braking systems are so crap they should be outlawed.

no offence to anyone but my stock v6 calais beats any ford 6 up and including au models( havent gone against any after the au)

If you guys say so, but personally I'd wager on the Intech over the Ecotec (stock for stock) any day of the week.

I can understand you might like one car over the other for aesthetic or tribal reasons, but you choose one because it's a V6 instead of a straight-6??

The straight 6 is an inherently better mechanical design. The main reason manufacturers use V6 configurations at all is they are more compact, and easier to fit into various engine bays - particularly in FWD layouts, where GM used the L36/67 quite a bit.

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
thats only true until the 3rd generation ford 8 ;) i might add the ford 6 also handels boost well from stock :)

Have you not seen wat pro-flow did to that poor old vs with 350,xxx km on the clock.
They got upwards of 20psi before it shat itself. IMO thats bloody awesome for a n/a engine